Delicious recipes from the kitchens of the Butler sisters

Thursday, April 28, 2011

Turkey Chili




You can make this with beef instead of chicken. Either way, it's yummy!

1 pound of ground turkey
1 small onion chopped
2 cans petite diced tomatoes
1 heaping Tablespoon chili powder
1 heaping teaspoon sugar

1 heaping teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
2 - 3 cans pinto beans
1 can light red kidney beans
1 can dark red kidney beans

Brown turkey (I add salt, pepper and garlic powder to the turkey) and would do onions if Chad would let me :) Then add everything except the beans and simmer for 1 hour. Add the beans and warm thoroughly. I drain the juice from one can of pinto beans and the can of light red kidney beans. I leave the juice in the other beans. I just don't want my chili too soupy.

Can serve with corn bread, or I just did bread with butter.

No comments: