This was very good. I had 4 extra kids tonight so made 2. I used ground beef. Everyone loved it.
- 1 tube (8 ounces) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1 pound ground chicken or beef
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 1/2 cup shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- 1 small sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1 small green pepper, chopped
- 1 medium tomato, seeded and chopped
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons pickled jalapeno slices
- Sour cream and additional salsa
- Preheat oven to 350°. Unroll crescent dough and separate into
- triangles. Press onto bottom of a greased 9-in. pie plate to form a
- crust, sealing seams well. Bake 18-20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook chicken over medium heat 6-8
- minutes or until no longer pink, breaking into crumbles; drain. Stir
- in taco seasoning, green chilies, water and salsa; bring to a boil.
- Spoon into crust; sprinkle with cheese. Bake 8-10 minutes or until
- cheese is melted.
- Top with lettuce, peppers, tomato, green onion and pickled jalapeno.
- Serve with sour cream and additional salsa. Yield: 6 servings