Delicious recipes from the kitchens of the Butler sisters

Thursday, May 5, 2011

Hurry Up Chicken Pot Pie

We are headed to dance nationals this weekend, but I wanted to share some recipes before we took off. Hope you enjoy them!!
I can't tell you how many times I have needed a really fast meal. This is delicious and so easy and quick! I served this with pineapple chunks.

2 cups chopped cooked chicken breast, Or 3 cans canned chicken breast
1/2 cup thinly sliced carrots
1/2 cup frozen green peas
1 (10 3/4 oz.) can cream of chicken soup
1 cup chicken broth(if you use canned chicken, I just use the broth from 2 of the cans)
Salt and pepper
Thyme and Sage
minced onion
1 1/2 cups Bisquick
1 cup milk
1 stick melted butter.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a greased 2 quart casserole, layer the chicken, carrots and peas. Mix the soup and chicken broth. Pour over the layers. Sprinkle some minced onion and seasonings on top. Stir together the Bisquick and milk and pour over top of the casserole. Drizzle butter over the topping. Bake until the topping is golden brown, about 45 minutes.

2 comments:

Kelly said...

I'm thinking about making this tonight.
We're having Quinn over and I want something quick :) I also made your no bake cookies today! They are yummy!! Also try your potato soup!

Shannon said...

Thanks Kel!